Largemouth Bass Lineup

Largemouth Bass Lineup

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Some Streamer Love

I've been doing some streamer tying as of late.  Working on stuff for largemouth.  I have come up with a few color combos that I feel will work quite nicely.  There really isn't much to this fly.  It is tied on a size 6 Mustad R73-9671 hook.  I have run a mono loop of 20 pound test fishing line off the back of the hook.  Next up, I used mirco rabbit strips since it is a size 6.  I did some with and some without Krystal flash.  I then added layers of marabou and Palmer chenille as I made my way up to the eye of the hook.  Last, but not least, I added in a small amount of red Ice Fur for a throat.  After measuring, I added a Fish Skull to the front of the fly.  Tie in a thread dam in front of the Fish Skull and seal it with some Loon Outdoors UV Clear Fly Finish Flow and you are ready for action.  A short water test showed that the materials compress nicely.  I'm excited about these guys and I can't wait to see what people catch with them.  I am hoping the largemouth tear them up but they are also small enough for my local smallies.  Going to be good times!







4 comments:

  1. Those are some good looking streamers and with the durable materials you've used I doubt the bass will "tear them up"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Well played sir, well played. Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  2. I've got a sneaky suspicion that those would even catch some trout out here Jeff. NIce work.

    ReplyDelete